Entertainment Entertainment

Flawed Logic

I agree that enterainment can be mind numbing, but brain washing is flawed logic. Brain washing would be intentionally trying to change our way of thinking to theirs, and typically for a larger entity, like the government, or any sort of belief system.

The idea of making games for people to enjoy, and want to play non-stop, and think about while they're living their life may be destructive to the idea of creation, or productivity, but it is NOT a malicious scheme to get us all thinking the same way.

The implication of the logic would be that any art, or anything that affects someone is unhealthy. And in that case, if this animation ends up making people agree with you at all, then YOU have "brainwashed" them, by your definition.

I appreciate the art, and the style, and the well displayed train of thought, but the framing of the argument, as well as the narrators character seemed to be out of place for what you were going for over all.

akoRn responds:

i juz go lazy half-way reading ur long comment, cheers.

Dreamin' Dreamin'

Hooray!

Wonderfully ambitious, and still feels very personal, you didn't just go for the WEIRDEST ideas that you could, but still full of surprises such as the TV just sittin in a armchair.

It doesn't try to hard to get it's point across, it jsut sticks to what you wanted to convey, some simple imagery that i found VERY effective. You are a GREAT artist! I hope to see more from you!

Feel free to PM me for clarification.

TheoryCrafting responds:

Hey dude, thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed it.

First Sail First Sail

Appreciate the work!

Keep up the solid effort! This shows a lot of promise, can't wait to see what else you can do!

Gyossait Gyossait

All Atmosphere, No Substance

This game is clearly trying to establish itself as an "art game" right off the bat. I'm 100% behind games as art, but this misses the point of games as art.

Games are interactive, and that's what they can give us that movies, paintings, and other types of art can't. When the way you interact with the game doesn't add to that art, then you're missing out on why gaming is a legitimate medium.

I don't mean to totally bash this game, there's a lot of potential here, and clearly a lot of love that went into it, but right now it's message is intentionally vague to seem mysterious, and the gameplay doesn't add to it's message as a good art game should.

I look forward to seeing future projects from you.

Good Fortune Good Fortune

Alright.

Even though this is a very one dimensional argument it's points are clear, and again, very ambitious.

I would have liked a little more chance to explore an alternative.

Support Group Support Group

Ambitious

Very ambitious of you to do this.

I gotta say though, it was only barely even an interactive story, not a game.

If your point was to show that an individual in group therapy can't affect the larger group, it's such a constricted story that it feels impossible to really explore that. I really liked the real world setting, and the idea of interacting within that setting, but there just wasn't too much choice, and the idea that you can't have an affect in group therapy is just plain flawed.